Following the trend of many National Offices, the Uruguayan Patent Office has established a pilot program regarding the acceleration of examination procedures (PAR – Procedimiento de aprovechamiento de Resultados ) . - Resolution 6/2019 of DNPI
This procedure will take advantage of international searches and examinations issued by other national offices always if the application meets the following requirements:
- The application is filed always prior to January 1, 2017 and it is still under examination period.
- The application has been published in the National Bulletin of Official property
- The examination fee has been duly paid
- No office action has been issued by the Uruguayan Patent Office
- There is a granted patent (national or regional) of the same family.
The current Uruguayan claims would be adapted to those claims already granted. A sworn translation into Spanish of these claims must be submitted along with the request of PAR.
This Pilot program starts next September 1st